Thursday, June 21, 2012

lunch time!

Lunch time! Have you tried these? Well I started making my own bread for the boys but these, I'll splurge on at the grocery store. They are only 100 calories and whole wheat..thanks to my Mom who raised on wheat bread, I actually prefer this over traditional bread. You simply pop them in the toaster and they're delicious! 
Colby jack cheese, turkey breast, spinach, and tomato.. yum! I searched all over for avocado (its a must!) but I guess I used the last one last night for dinner.
Speaking of dinner, I am thinking of making chicken tostadas tonight. We ran out of my salsa so I decided to go ahead and make that to be ahead of the game. Salsa is something I try to keep stocked in my fridge. My husband uses it on almost anything he possibly can.. and since I grew up in South Texas- I crave it too! Here's how I make it:
Pretty much what I happen to have on hand at the time. 
1/2 an onion
1 can Rotel (this one actually has lime and cilantro flavors)
1/2-1 lime
cilantro (I added the amount shown)
about 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
salt
jalapeno (depending on how hot you like it!) if you don't have fresh, pickled jalapenos can be substituted
I save my glass jars for my salsa and other things. This stores in the fridge for about 3 weeks.. by that time we are usually out and it's time to make more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment